I tried to send an email gift card to my grandson on 8.10.17.I used their online process by filling out the form and hit submit.

The recipients info disappeared and said I needed to fill it in again. I did this three times. Suddenly, I had four items in my shopping bag. I deleted three and continued.

I used PayPal to pay for the order. I called customer service to report the problem and check to make sure the order went through correctly. Customer service said she would report the problem and it looked ok now. On 8.11.17, at 8 am I checked my email and had one from Hollister that said my order was cancelled.

I called customer service again and was told it was because I used PayPal to pay and that they had no way to verify the payment. While on the phone, I placed the order again and used a debit card but was told it would take 24-48 hours to get the email sent. My bank by this time showed my carded had been debited for the full amount. After 3 hours on the phone with multiple persons, I was assured the transaction would go through by the following day (8.12.17, my grandson's birthday).

That evening (8.11.17) I called again the see if it was still ok and was told the email with the gift card was being sent to me. Really? They were sending the gift card I bought back to me and not to my grandson?! I finally called Abercombie directly, the parent company, and got someone who said she had straightened out.

Today is 8.12.17 and I still don't know if my grandson has received the ecard. I would NEVER, NEVER shop here again.

I only persisted with this because my grandson likes to shop there.AWFUL, INCOMPETENT, SCREWED UP TRANSACTION.

Review about: Hollister Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Customer service, Website, Delayed delivery, No delivery confirmation, Told no supervisor available to deal with incompetence.

Had an Experience with Hollister?

Comments